Manhattan Catfish Chowder Recipe
- 1 pound U.S. Farm-Raised Catfish fillets, cut into bite-size pieces
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/4 cup diced onion
- 1 (16 ounce) can diced tomatoes, with oregano and basil added
- cayenne pepper, or more to taste
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1 cup reduced sodium chicken broth, diluted with 2 cups water
- 2 tablespoons minced parsley
- 1/4 cup fresh grated Parmesan cheese
step 1: In a large heavy saucepan, heat the olive oil over moderate heat; add the garlic and onion; saute until golden. Add tomatoes, cayenne pepper and wine. Cook uncovered, for 10 minutes.
step 2: Add the diluted broth, cover and bring to simmer - about 3 minutes. Mix in the U.S. Farm-Raised Catfish and cook, uncovered, 5 minutes longer. Ladle into bowls and sprinkle with parsley and grated Parmesan cheese.