Manhattan Clam Chowder II Recipe
- 2 (6.5 ounce) cans minced clams
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 (16 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 1/2 cup finely chopped carrots
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ground black pepper to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
step 1: Drain clams and reserve liquid. Add enough water to reserved liquid to make 3 cups of stock.
step 2: In a large saucepan pour clam juice and water mixture, undrained tomatoes, onions, potatoes, carrots, salt, pepper and thyme. Cover and simmer for 30 to 35 minutes.
step 3: Remove the pan from the heat. Mash the vegetables slightly to thicken the broth. Add clams to the saucepan and heat thoroughly. Serve hot.