Maple Glazed Squash Recipe
- 1 large acorn squash, seeded and cut into quarters
- Butter-flavored vegetable cooking spray
- 1 large tart cooking apple, unpeeled, cored and sliced
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- Maple Flavored Syrup:
- 1 cup apple juice
- 2 1/2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon stick butter or margarine
- 1/4 cup Equal® Spoonful*
- 1 teaspoon maple flavoring
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
step 1: Place squash, cut sides up, in baking pan; add 1/2 cup hot water. Bake, covered, in preheated 400 degrees F oven 30 to 40 minutes or until squash is tender.
step 2: Spray medium skillet with cooking spray; heat over medium heat until hot. Add apple, raisins and walnuts; cook over medium heat about 5 minutes or until apples slices are tender.
step 3: For Maple Flavored Syrup, combine apple juice and cornstarch in small saucepan. Cook and stir until thickened and bubbly. Cook and stir 2 minutes more. Remove from heat. Stir in butter, Equal(r), maple flavoring and vanilla.
step 4: Add Maple Flavored Syrup to apple mixture. Cook 2 to 3 minutes or until heated through. Place squash wedges on serving platter; spoon apple mixture over squash.