Marcia's Company Casserole Recipe
- 1 (8 ounce) package egg noodles
- 1 tablespoon margarine
- 1 pound ground beef chuck
- 2 (8 ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 1 cup cottage cheese
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/3 cup chopped green onions
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped green bell pepper
- 2 tablespoons margarine, melted
step 1: Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease a 2 quart casserole dish. Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add pasta and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente; drain.
step 2: Heat 1 tablespoon margarine in a large heavy skillet over medium-high heat. Cook ground beef until evenly brown. Stir in tomato sauce; remove from heat. In a medium bowl, combine cottage cheese, cream cheese, sour cream, green onion and green pepper.
step 3: Spread 1/2 the cooked noodles in the casserole dish. Cover with cheese mixture, then the remaining noodles. Pour melted margarine over the noodles. Spoon meat sauce on top and spread to cover noodles.
step 4: Bake in preheated oven for 30 minutes.