Marinated Roasted Olives Recipe
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 6 large cloves garlic, peeled and lightly crushed
- 1 pinch red pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon fennel seeds
- 5 thyme sprigs
- 1 (6 ounce) can Lindsay® Black Ripe Pitted or Whole Olives, drained
- 4 large strips of orange zest
- 4 large strips of lemon zest
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
step 1: Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees.
step 2: Using an ovenproof skillet*, cook the oil and garlic over moderate heat until the cloves begin to sizzle and become fragrant. Add the red pepper flakes, fennel seeds and fresh thyme and let sizzle for a few seconds. Add the olives and citrus zest, warming them in the seasoned oil. Transfer to the oven and bake approximately 5 minutes, stirring occasionally until the olives are thoroughly heated and soft*. Season with salt and lemon juice. Serve warm.