Marinated Stuffed Shrimp Recipe
- 1 pound unpeeled colossal jumbo fresh shrimp (10 to 15 count)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 1/2 ounces smoked Gouda cheese
- 4 ounces prosciutto, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup white balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh rosemary
- 1/8 teaspoon ground red pepper
step 1: PEEL shrimp and devein. To help shrimp curve during cooking, make a deep slit down the back of each shrimp using a small pairing knife, cutting to but not through inside curve of shrimp.
step 2: SAUTE shrimp and next 3 ingredients in 2 tablespoons hot oil in a skillet 3 minutes or until shrimp turn pink; cool.
step 3: CUT cheese into 1-inch cubes. Cut prosciutto into thin strips. Wrap ham strips around cheese cubes; insert cubes into shrimp, securing with wooden picks. Cover and chill 10 minutes.
step 4: WHISK together 1/2 cup oil and next 3 ingredients in a large bowl; add shrimp, and toss. Cover and chill 10 minutes. Remove shrimp from marinade, discarding marinade.