Marion's Santa Fe Almond Slaw Recipe
- ½ head cabbage, coarsely chopped
- 4 green onions, chopped
- ½ cup finely chopped cilantro
- 1 large tomato, diced
- ½ cup sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper
- ⅓ teaspoon crumbled dried red chile pepper
- ½ cup imitation bacon bits
- 1 cup slivered almonds
step 1: In a large bowl, mix the cabbage, green onions, cilantro, and tomato.
step 2: In a skillet over medium heat, cook and stir the sesame oil, black pepper, and chili pepper until heated through. Mix in the bacon bits and almonds. Cook and stir about 5 minutes, until almonds are lightly browned. Remove from heat, and toss with the cabbage mixture. Serve immediately.