Maureen's Baked Beans Recipe
- 1 (15 ounce) can green beans, drained
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can wax beans, drained
- 1 (15.5 ounce) can butter beans, drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can kidney beans, drained
- 1 (16 ounce) can baked beans with pork
- 1 tablespoon mustard powder
- ¾ cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed tomato soup
- 1 (16 ounce) package ground pork breakfast sausage
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
step 1: Preheat the oven to 300 degrees F (150 degrees C).
step 2: In a small roaster or Dutch oven, mix together the green beans, wax beans, butter beans, kidney beans, and baked beans. Mix in the dry mustard, brown sugar, chili powder, Worcestershire sauce, tomato sauce, and tomato soup.
step 3: Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Brown the pork sausage, crumble, and drain the excess fat from the pan. Saute the onion and garlic with the pork until tender, about 5 minutes. Stir the pork mixture into the bean mixture.
step 4: Bake, covered, for 3 to 5 hours in the preheated oven, removing the lid for the final 45 minutes.