McCormick's Simple Sugar Cookies Recipe
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1/4 teaspoon McCormick® Ground Nutmeg
- 1 egg
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- cinnamon sugar, colored sugar, etc.
step 1: Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Beat sugar, butter, vanilla, nutmeg, and egg in large bowl until smooth. Gradually stir in flour.
step 2: Shape dough by teaspoonfuls into balls. Place dough ball on ungreased baking sheet, 2 inches apart. Press dough gently with bottom of lightly floured, flat-bottomed glass. Cookie should be about 1/4-inch thick. Sprinkle lightly with sugar.
step 3: Bake 8-10 minutes, or until edges are just golden brown. Cool cookies on baking sheet 1 minute, then remove to wire rack. Cool. Store in airtight container up to one week.