Meatloaf Mexicana Recipe
- 1 pound ground pork
- 3/4 pound ground beef
- 1 1/4 cups SARGENTO® Fancy Shredded Monterey Jack Cheese, divided
- 1 cup plain dried bread crumbs
- 1 cup ORTEGA® Salsa Prima™ - Homestyle Mild, divided
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 2 teaspoons ORTEGA® Diced Jalapenos
- 1 teaspoon salt
step 1: PREHEAT oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly grease 9 x 5-inch loaf pan.
step 2: COMBINE pork, beef, 1 cup cheese, bread crumbs, 1/2 cup salsa, eggs, parsley, jalapenos and salt in large bowl. Place meat mixture into prepared loaf pan.
step 3: BAKE for 55 to 60 minutes or until no longer pink in center. Remove from oven; drain. Cool in pan on wire rack for 10 minutes; remove from pan. Top with remaining cheese and salsa before serving.