Mediterranean Chicken Salad Recipe
- 2 (16 ounce) packages Tyson® Fresh Chicken Breast Tenders
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 small eggplant, cut into 3/4-inch cubes
- 1 teaspoon oregano leaves
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 1/3 cup marinated sun-dried tomatoes, drained
- 6 cups sliced fresh spinach leaves
- 3/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
step 1: PREP: CLEAN: Wash hands. Cut chicken into 1- to 1 1/2-inch pieces. Lightly salt and pepper chicken, if desired. CLEAN: Wash hands.
step 2: COOK: In large nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add chicken to skillet. Cook 5 minutes. Stir in garlic and eggplant. Cook 3 minutes, stirring gently. Add oregano, broth and tomatoes. Reduce heat to medium. Cook 8 to 10 minutes longer , stirring occasionally, or until eggplant is tender and internal juices of chicken run clear. (Or insert instant-read meat thermometer in thickest part of chicken. Temperature should read 170 degrees F.)
step 3: SERVE: Arrange spinach on serving platter. Top with chicken mixture. Sprinkle feta cheese evenly over mixture. Serve with couscous, if desired.
step 4: CHILL: Refrigerate leftovers immediately.