Mediterranean Chicken and Rice Recipe
- 4 Tyson® Fresh or Individually Fresh Frozen® Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breasts
- 2 cups instant brown rice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- 16 pitted kalamata (or Greek) olives
- 2 ounces feta cheese, crumbled
step 1: PREP: CLEAN: Wash hands. Remove protective ice glaze from frozen chicken by holding under cool running water 1 to 2 minutes. CLEAN: Wash hands.
step 2: COOK: In large, nonstick skillet, heat olive oil and garlic; add chicken. Cook over medium heat 4 to 6 minutes (5 to 7 minutes if using frozen chicken) or until chicken is browned. Stir in tomatoes, water and oregano; cover. Reduce heat to low; simmer 10 minutes. Stir in rice; cover. Continue cooking 10 minutes, or until rice is cooked and internal juices of chicken run clear. (Or insert instant-read meat thermometer in thickest part of chicken. Temperature should read 170 degrees F.) Stir in olives and sprinkle with cheese.
step 3: SERVE: For a complete Mediterranean-style meal, serve with a green salad tossed with Italian vinaigrette.
step 4: CHILL: Refrigerate leftovers immediately.