Mediterranean Couscous Platter Recipe
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can chicken or vegetable broth
- 1 cup dry couscous
- 2/3 cup bottled olive oil vinaigrette, divided
- 1 (14 ounce) can artichoke hearts, drained and halved
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can diced tomatoes with green peppers and onions
- 1 (6 ounce) can pitted black olives
- 1 (5 ounce) can chicken breast, solid or chunk tuna in oil or water, or anchovies, drained
step 1: In a medium saucepan, bring the broth to a boil. Stir in couscous. Cover pan and remove from heat. Let stand about 10 minutes until liquid is absorbed. Fluff couscous with a fork, then toss with 1/3 cup of the vinaigrette.
step 2: To assemble, place couscous in center of a large platter or divide among serving plates. Arrange artichoke hearts, tomatoes, olives and chicken (or tuna or anchovies) separately but surrounding the couscous; drizzle with remaining 1/3 cup vinaigrette.