Mediterranean Orzo Spinach Salad Recipe
- 1 cup uncooked orzo pasta
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 pound ground lamb
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 tablespoon ground coriander
- salt and pepper to taste
- 4 cups fresh spinach leaves, chopped
- 3 tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh mint leaves
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 5 green onions, chopped
- 1 cup crumbled feta cheese
step 1: Bring a pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add orzo pasta, cook for 5 minutes, or until al dente. Drain.
step 2: Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. Place the lamb and garlic in the skillet. Season lamb with coriander, salt, and pepper. Cook until evenly browned. Remove from heat, and drain.
step 3: In a large bowl, mix the spinach, tomatoes, lemon juice and zest, mint, parsley, green onions, and remaining olive oil. Toss with the orzo, lamb, and feta cheese to serve.