Messy Taco Salad Recipe
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 pound shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 (15 ounce) can ranch-style beans
- 1 head iceberg lettuce, shredded
- 1 1/4 ounces taco seasoning mix
- 16 ounces thousand island dressing
- 14 1/2 ounces tortilla chips
step 1: In a large bowl, toss the lettuce and cheese.
step 2: In a separate bowl, mix together the dressing, taco seasoning, and beans.
step 3: Brown ground beef in a large skillet over medium-high heat, and drain. Add the ground beef and the dressing mixture to the lettuce and cheese, and mix well. Refrigerate until just before serving, then crush the tortilla chips while still in the bag and combine them with the salad.