Mexicali Chicken and Cheese Sandwiches Recipe
- 2 1/4 cups cooked, shredded chicken breast meat
- 1 (4 ounce) can ORTEGA® Diced Green Chiles
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup water
- 3/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 5 kaiser rolls, split and toasted
- 1/2 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
step 1: PREHEAT oven to broil.
step 2: COMBINE chicken, chiles, ketchup, water and chili powder in medium saucepan. Cook over medium-high heat just until bubbly. Reduce heat to low; cover. Cook for 5 minutes to blend flavors.
step 3: SPOON warm chicken mixture onto 5 roll bottoms. Sprinkle evenly with cheese; place on baking sheet. Broil for 1 to 2 minutes or until cheese is melted. Place roll tops on sandwiches; serve.