Mexican Casserole with Tortillas Recipe
- 1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed cream of chicken soup
- 1 (4 ounce) can chopped green chile peppers, drained
- ¼ cup milk
- ⅔ cup sour cream
- 8 (6 inch) flour tortillas
- 6 boneless chicken breast halves, cooked and cubed
- 2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
step 1: Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
step 2: In a medium bowl combine the cream of mushroom soup, cream of chicken soup, chile peppers, milk and sour cream; mix until well blended. Place a layer of tortilla strips in the bottom of a lightly greased 9x13 inch baking dish.
step 3: Layer as follows: 1/2 of the soup mixture, 1/2 of the chicken, 1/2 of the shredded cheese. Repeat until ingredients are all used, ending with a layer of shredded cheese.
step 4: Bake in the preheated oven for 45 minutes covered, then remove cover and bake an additional 15 minutes.