Mexican Chicken Corn Chowder Recipe
- 1 ½ pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-size pieces
- ½ cup chopped onion
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 cubes chicken bouillon
- 1 cup hot water
- ¾ teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 cups half-and-half cream
- 2 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 (14.75 ounce) can cream-style corn
- 1 (4 ounce) can diced green chiles
- 1 dash hot pepper sauce
- 1 tomato, chopped
- fresh cilantro sprigs, for garnish (optional)
step 1: In a Dutch oven, brown chicken, onion, and garlic in butter until chicken is no longer pink.
step 2: Dissolve the bouillon in hot water; Pour into Dutch oven, and season with cumin. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer for 5 minutes.
step 3: Stir in cream, cheese, corn, chilies, and hot pepper sauce. Cook, stirring frequently, until the cheese is melted. Stir in chopped tomato. Garnish with cilantro.