Mexican Cornbread I Recipe
- 1 cup self-rising cornmeal
- 1/2 cup self-rising flour
- 3 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 6 chopped green chile peppers
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 (8 ounce) can creamed corn
- 1/4 cup milk
step 1: Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease a 9x9 inch baking pan.
step 2: In a large bowl, mix together cornmeal, flour, Cheddar cheese, onion, green pepper and jalapeno. Stir in eggs, creamed corn and milk. Pour batter into prepared pan.
step 3: Bake in preheated oven for 1 hour, or until a toothpick inserted into center of a loaf comes out clean.