Mexican Fire Rice Recipe
- 2 ⅔ cups water
- 1 ⅓ cups uncooked long grain white rice
- 1 pound ground pork breakfast sausage
- 1 (16 ounce) jar picante sauce
- 1 (8 ounce) container sour cream
- 8 ounces Cheddar cheese, shredded
step 1: In a medium saucepan, bring the water to a boil. Stir in the rice. Reduce heat, cover, and simmer 20 minutes.
step 2: Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
step 3: In a skillet over medium heat, cook the sausage until evenly brown.
step 4: In a medium baking dish, mix the cooked rice, cooked sausage, picante sauce, and sour cream. Top with Cheddar cheese.
step 5: Bake 20 minutes in the preheated oven, until cheese is bubbly.