Mexican Kasha Recipe
- 1 cup uncooked medium roasted buckwheat groats
- 1 egg
- 2 1/2 cups water
- 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1 teaspoon red wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 onions, sliced
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1 avocado - peeled, pitted and diced
- 1 ripe tomato, chopped
step 1: Mix buckwheat groats and egg. Cook buckwheat mixture in 10-inch skillet over medium-high heat, stirring constantly, until groats separate and dry.
step 2: Stir in water, margarine, vinegar, salt, cumin, onions and garlic. Heat to boiling, stirring constantly; reduce heat.
step 3: Cover and simmer about 5 minutes or until groats are tender and liquid is absorbed. Stir in avocado and tomato.