Mexican Quiche Recipe
- 1 (9 inch) unbaked (4-cup volume) frozen deep-dish pie shell
- 1 cup SARGENTO® 4 Cheese Mexican Blend Shredded Cheese
- 1 large green or red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 (4 ounce) can ORTEGA® Diced Green Chiles
- 2 large green onions, sliced
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 3/4 cup ORTEGA® Salsa Prima™ - Homestyle Mild
- 3/4 cup NESTLE® CARNATION® Evaporated Milk
- Garnish suggestions: ORTEGA® Salsa Prima™- Homestyle Mild, sour cream, sliced green onions, diced tomatoes
step 1: PREHEAT oven to 375 degrees F.
step 2: SPRINKLE cheese, bell pepper, chiles and green onions onto bottom of pie shell. Combine eggs, salsa and evaporated milk in small bowl until blended. Pour into pie shell.
step 3: BAKE for 40 to 45 minutes or until knife inserted halfway between center and edge comes out clean. Cool on wire rack for 15 minutes. Garnish as desired.
step 4: NOTE: For a lower calorie version, substitute shredded light cheese and NESTLE(R) CARNATION(R) Evaporated Fat Free Milk.