Mexican Rice I Recipe
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 small small onion, diced
- 2/3 cup uncooked long-grain rice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 3 ounces canned diced tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups water
step 1: In a large saucepan, heat oil over medium heat. Stir in onion and saute until translucent.
step 2: Pour the rice into the pan and stir to coat grains with oil. Mix in cumin, chili powder, tomatoes, salt and water. Cover, bring to a boil then reduce heat to low. Cook at a simmer for 20 to 30 minutes or until rice is tender. Stir occasionally.