Mexican Rice Recipe
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 1 (14 ounce) can beef broth
- 2 cups fresh corn kernels
- 1 (10 ounce) can diced tomatoes with green chile peppers
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup salsa
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon minced cilantro
- 1 1/2 cups uncooked white rice
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
step 1: In a medium stock pot, brown the ground beef over medium heat. Drain any fat. Add onion and green pepper. Cook until onion is tender.
step 2: Stir in the beef broth, corn, tomatoes with green chile peppers and tomato sauce. Add salsa, chili powder, paprika, garlic powder, salt, pepper and cilantro. Mix thoroughly. Bring to a boil and stir in rice.
step 3: Cover and cook until rice is done, about 25 minutes.
step 4: Sprinkle Cheddar cheese over the mixture and continue cooking 10 minutes, or until cheese is melted.