Mexican Salmon Recipe
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 limes, juiced
- 2 marinated roasted red peppers, with liquid
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1/8 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon white sugar
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 1/2 pounds salmon steaks
- 1 large tomato, cut into thin wedges
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 1 cup shredded lettuce
- 1 lime, sliced
step 1: In a medium nonreactive bowl, mix olive oil, juice of 2 limes, roasted red peppers, garlic, allspice, cinnamon, cumin, sugar, salt and pepper. Place salmon steaks in bowl, and rub with the mixture. Cover, and marinate in the refrigerator at least 1 hour.
step 2: Preheat the broiler. Arrange salmon steaks on a medium broiler pan, and broil 3 to 5 minutes on each side, until flesh is easily flaked with a fork.
step 3: Mix tomato wedges and green onions in a small bowl. Serve salmon with the tomato mixture and lettuce. Garnish with lime wedges.