Mexican Style Dip Recipe
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 pound extra-lean ground beef
- 1 (1.25 ounce) package taco seasoning mix
- 2/3 cup water
- 1/2 cup salsa
- 1/4 cup chopped jalapeno pepper
- 2 cups shredded Mexican-style cheese
step 1: Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Coat a 9 inch pie plate with vegetable oil spray.
step 2: Press cream cheese evenly onto the bottom of the pie plate.
step 3: In a large skillet, brown the hamburger. Drain excess fat. Mix in the taco seasoning and water. Cook and stir 2 to 4 minutes. Remove the skillet from the heat before mixing in salsa and jalapenos. Pour the beef mixture over the cream cheese in the pie plate. Sprinkle the Mexican-style cheese over the entire dish.
step 4: Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) until the cheese has melted.