Mexican Taco Salad Recipe
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 cup chopped onions
- 1 cup ORTEGA® Thick & Chunky Salsa
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 (1.25 ounce) package ORTEGA® Taco Seasoning mix
- 1 (15 ounce) can kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (4 ounce) can ORTEGA® Diced Green Chiles
- 3 ounces tortilla chips
- 3/4 cup SARGENTO® Nacho & Taco Blend Shredded Cheese, divided
- 6 cups shredded lettuce, divided
- Guacamole (optional)
- Chopped tomatoes (optional)
- ORTEGA® Thick & Smooth Taco Sauce
step 1: COOK beef and onion until beef is browned; drain. Stir in salsa, water and seasoning mix. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low; cook for 2 to 3 minutes. Stir in beans and chiles.
step 2: LAYER ingredients as follows in each shell: 1 cup lettuce, 3/4 cup meat mixture, 2 tablespoons cheese, guacamole and tomatoes. Serve with taco sauce.