Mexican Turkey Stuffed Shells Recipe
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup nonfat ricotta cheese
- 18 jumbo pasta shells
- 2 (10 ounce) cans mild enchilada sauce
- 1/4 cup shredded reduced-calorie Monterey Jack cheese
step 1: In large bowl combine turkey, onions, cilantro, garlic, oregano, cumin and salt. Blend in ricotta. Stuff each uncooked shell with 1 heaping tablespoon of turkey mixture.
step 2: In 2-quart oblong, glass baking dish, pour one can of enchilada sauce. Arrange shells in baking dish and dot any remaining turkey mixture over shells. Pour remaining can of enchilada sauce over shells and cover tightly with foil. Bake at 375 degrees F. 1 to 1-1/4 hours or until shells are tender. Sprinkle cheese over top. Re-cover and allow to stand 10 minutes.