California Primavera Recipe
- 6 ounces spaghetti
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
- 5 fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can stewed tomatoes
- 1 (16 ounce) package frozen mixed vegetables
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ground black pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
step 1: In a large pot with boiling salted water cook spaghetti pasta until al dente. Drain.
step 2: Meanwhile, in a large skillet heat olive oil over medium heat. Add onion, garlic, basil, sliced mushrooms, and chopped tomatoes and cook for 5 minutes. Stir in California-style vegetables, salt, and ground black pepper. Cook for approximately 10 minutes, stirring often, until vegetables are tender and crisp.
step 3: Pour vegetable mixture over cooked and drained pasta. Toss well. Sprinkle with grated Parmesan cheese and serve.