Mijo's Slow Cooker Shredded Beef Recipe
- 5 pounds chuck roast
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon celery salt
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 1/2 tablespoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 tablespoon chili powder
- 1/2 tablespoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/2 teaspoon mustard powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 4 fluid ounces beer
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 4 tablespoons hot pepper sauce
- 2 teaspoons liquid smoke flavoring
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 2 jalapeno chile peppers, chopped
step 1: Using a sharp knife, poke several 1 inch deep holes in the roast. Insert the garlic slivers into the holes.
step 2: In a small bowl, combine the paprika, celery salt, garlic powder, parsley, ground black pepper, chili powder, cayenne pepper, seasoned salt, mustard powder, and dried tarragon; mix together well and rub over the meat.
step 3: In a separate small bowl, combine the beer OR cola, Worcestershire sauce, hot pepper sauce and liquid smoke and mix well. Place the roast in a slow cooker and pour this mixture over the meat.
step 4: Add the onion, green bell pepper and jalapeno chile peppers to the slow cooker.
step 5: Cook on low setting for 10 hours, or more, if desired.