Mild Coconut Tofu Curry Recipe
- 4 slices fresh ginger root
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- ¼ cup cashews
- 2 stalks lemon grass, chopped
- 2 onions, sliced
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 dash crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons curry powder
- 2 ½ cups cubed firm tofu
- 1 (14 ounce) can coconut milk
- 14 fluid ounces water
- 2 medium potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 tablespoon white sugar
step 1: In a blender or food processor, grind the ginger root, garlic, cashews, lemon grass, and onions into a paste.
step 2: Heat olive oil in a medium wok over low heat. Stir in the blended mixture and red pepper flakes. Gradually mix in the curry powder.
step 3: Place tofu in the wok, and cook until heated through. Mix in the coconut milk, water, and potatoes. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer 20 minutes, stirring occasionally, until potatoes are tender. Season with salt and sugar.