Miner's Chili Recipe
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 stalks celery, diced
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 3 (14.5 ounce) cans peeled and diced tomatoes
- 2 (15 ounce) cans dark red kidney beans
- 1 (15 ounce) can light red kidney beans
- 1 (16 ounce) jar hot salsa
- 4 teaspoons white sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried oregano
step 1: In a large skillet over medium heat, cook beef until brown. Stir in onion, celery and bell pepper and cook until vegetables are tender.
step 2: Combine beef mixture with tomatoes, kidney beans and salsa in a slow cooker. Season with sugar, cayenne, chili powder, basil and oregano. Cook 8 hours on low. Then refrigerate 8 hours or overnight before reheating and serving.