Mini Italian Meatballs Recipe
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1/4 cup finely diced onion
- 1 tablespoon HERB-OX® Beef Flavored Bouillon Granules
- 1/2 cup Italian-style seasoned bread crumbs
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 1/4 cup pizza sauce
- 1 (10.75 ounce) can Italian herb tomato soup, undiluted
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- vegetable oil for frying
step 1: In bowl, combine ground beef, onion, bouillon, bread crumbs, egg and pizza sauce. Shape meat mixture into 48 (1/2-inch) meatballs. In large skillet, in a small amount of oil, brown meatballs until lightly browned on all sides. Place meatballs in a single layer in a 9 x 13-inch baking dish. Spoon soup over meatballs and sprinkle with cheese. Cover and bake at 350 degrees F for 20-30 minutes or until meat is cooked through.
step 2: Meatball Making: For 48 meatballs of equal size, shape meat mixture into an 8 x 6-inch rectangle on waxed paper. Cut into 1-inch squares; roll each square into a ball.