Mini Manicotti Recipe
- 10 packaged manicotti shells
- 1/2 pound ground turkey sausage
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and well drained
- 1/2 cup ricotta cheese
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning, crushed
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 beaten egg
- 1 1/3 cups spaghetti sauce
- 2 tablespoons shredded Parmesan cheese (optional)
step 1: Cook manicotti shells according to package directions. Drain; rinse with cold water. Drain well. Cook sausage and garlic in a large saucepan until cooked through, breaking up sausage with a spoon. Remove from heat. Add mozzarella cheese, spinach, ricotta cheese, the 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese, Italian seasoning, lemon juice, and egg; mix well. Carefully spoon mixture into cooked shells.
step 2: Cut each manicotti diagonally crosswise into three pieces. Place in a 3-quart rectangular baking dish. Spoon spaghetti sauce over. Bake, covered, in a 350 degree F. oven for 30 to 35 minutes or until heated through. If desired, sprinkle with 2 tablespoons shredded Parmesan cheese.