Mocha Biscotti Recipe
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup NESTLE® TOLL HOUSE® Baking Cocoa
- 2 tablespoons TASTER'S CHOICE® 100% Pure Instant Coffee
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- 1 cup NESTLE® TOLL HOUSE® Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels (optional)
step 1: PREHEAT oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
step 2: COMBINE flour, cocoa, coffee granules, baking powder and baking soda in medium bowl. Beat sugar and butter in large mixer bowl until creamy. Add eggs and almond extract; beat until mixture is slightly thickened. Gradually beat in flour mixture; stir in almonds.
step 3: DIVIDE dough in half. With floured hands, shape into two 12-inch long rolls; flatten slightly. Place on one large or two small baking sheets.
step 4: BAKE in preheated 350 degree F. oven for 25 minutes or until firm. Cool on baking sheet(s) on wire rack(s) for 5 minutes. Cut into 1/2-inch thick slices; arrange cut side down on baking sheets. Return to oven; bake for additional 15 to 20 minutes. Remove to wire rack(s) to cool completely. Melt morsels according to package directions; drizzle over cooled cookies.