Mocha Bread Pudding with Caramel Sauce Recipe
- BREAD PUDDING:
- 9 cups cubed French bread
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup NESTLE® TOLL HOUSE® Baking Cocoa
- 1 tablespoon TASTER'S CHOICE® 100% Pure Instant Coffee
- 4 eggs
- 2 (12 fluid ounce) cans NESTLE® CARNATION® Evaporated Fat Free Milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- CARAMEL SAUCE:
- 2/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 tablespoon light corn syrup
step 1: PREHEAT oven to 350 degrees F.
step 2: PLACE bread cubes in prepared baking dish. Combine sugar, cocoa and coffee granules in small bowl.
step 3: BEAT eggs, 2 2/3 cups evaporated milk and vanilla extract in medium bowl until well blended; stir in sugar mixture. Pour over bread, pressing bread into milk mixture.
step 4: BAKE for 50 to 55 minutes or until set.
step 5: COMBINE brown sugar, butter and corn syrup in small, heavy-duty saucepan. Cook over medium-low heat, stirring constantly, for 2 to 3 minutes or until sugar is dissolved. Slowly stir in remaining evaporated milk. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly; cook for 1 minute. Remove from heat. Serve with warm bread pudding.