Mocha Swirl Cheesecake Recipe
- 1 cup chocolate wafer crumbs
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans or almonds
- 3 tablespoons stick butter or margarine, melted
- 3 tablespoons Equal® Spoonful*
- 3 (8 ounce) packages reduced fat cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup Equal® Spoonful**
- 2 eggs
- 2 egg whites
- 1 1/2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 3 tablespoons Equal® Spoonful***
- 1 1/4 teaspoons instant coffee crystals
- 1 teaspoon unsweetened cocoa powder
step 1: Mix chocolate crumbs, pecans, butter and 3 tablespoons Equal(r) Spoonful* in bottom of 9-inch springform pan. Pat mixture evenly onto bottom of pan; set aside while preparing filling.
step 2: Beat cream cheese and 3/4 cup Equal(r) Spoonful** in large bowl until fluffy; beat in eggs, egg whites, cornstarch and salt. Beat in sour cream and vanilla until well blended. Remove 1/2 cup cheesecake batter. Stir in 3 tablespoons Equal(r) Spoonful***, instant coffee crystals and cocoa until well combined. Pour half of plain batter into crust in pan. Top with 5 spoonfuls of coffee batter. Using tip of knife or spatula, gently swirl coffee batter into cheesecake. Repeat with remaining batters.
step 3: Bake in preheated 325 degrees F oven 45 to 50 minutes or until center is almost set. Remove cheesecake to wire rack. Gently run metal spatula around rim of pan to loosen cake. Let cheesecake cool completely; cover and refrigerate several hours or overnight before serving. To serve, remove side of springform pan.