Mock Pate de Foie Gras Recipe
- 1 1/2 cups pecan halves or pieces
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 8 ounces braunschweiger liver sausage
- 2 tablespoons minced onion
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
step 1: Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
step 2: Place pecans on a medium baking sheet. Bake in the preheated oven 5 minutes, or until toasted.
step 3: In a medium bowl, mix together cream cheese, braunschweiger liver sausage, onion, Worcestershire sauce and lemon juice. Form the mixture into a ball.
step 4: Place toasted pecans in a pie pan. Place cream cheese mixture ball into the pie pan, and roll to coat with pecans. Cover with plastic wrap. Chill in the refrigerator until serving.