Molten Chocolate Cakes With Sugar-Coated Raspberries Recipe
- 1 cup unsalted butter or unsalted margarine*
- 8 ounces semisweet chocolate chips, or bars, cut into bite-size chunks
- 5 large eggs
- ½ cup sugar
- Pinch of salt
- 4 teaspoons flour (or matzo meal, ground in a blender to a fine powder)
- 8 extra-large paper muffin cups (or use regular paper muffin cups, which will make 12 cakes)
- 1 (6 ounce) container raspberries, barely moistened and rolled in about
- ½ cup sugar right before serving
step 1: Melt butter and chocolate in a medium heat-proof bowl over a saucepan of simmering water; remove from heat. Beat eggs, sugar and salt with a hand mixer in a medium bowl until sugar dissolves. Beat egg mixture into chocolate until smooth. Beat in flour or matzo meal until just combined. (Batter can be made a day ahead; return to room temperature an hour or so before baking.)
step 2: Before serving dinner, adjust oven rack to middle position; heat oven to 450 degrees. Line a standard-size muffin tin (1/2 cup capacity) with 8 extra-large muffin papers (papers should extend above cups to facilitate removal). Spray muffin papers with vegetable cooking spray. Divide batter among muffin cups.
step 3: Bake until batter puffs but center is not set, 8 to 10 minutes. Carefully lift cakes from tin and set on a work surface. Pull papers away from cakes and transfer cakes to dessert plates.
step 4: Top each with sugared raspberries and serve immediately.