Mom's Hot Mexican Salad Recipe
- 1 1/2 pounds lean ground beef
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 pound processed cheese food (e.g. Velveeta), cubed
- 1 (4 ounce) can diced green chiles
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 3/4 head iceberg lettuce - rinsed, dried, and shredded
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- 1 (16 ounce) package corn chips
step 1: Place beef, onion, bell pepper, garlic and cumin in a large, deep skillet. Cook over medium high heat until hamburger is evenly brown. Drain any excess fat.
step 2: Stir cheese, green chilies and tomato sauce into the beef mixture. Cook 5 minutes, or until cheese is melted.
step 3: Equally divide lettuce among salad plates. Pour meat and cheese mixture over lettuce and garnish with chopped tomato and corn chips.