Mom's Sweet Spaghetti Sauce Recipe
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 onion, minced
- 1/2 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 pound ground beef
- 4 slices bacon
- 2 (4 ounce) jars mushrooms, drained
- 1 (29 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons dried oregano
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 3/4 cup sugar
- salt and pepper to taste
step 1: In a skillet over medium heat, cook onion and bell pepper in oil until transparent. Add beef to onions and peppers; cook until brown. Set aside.
step 2: Place bacon in a large, deep skillet. Cook over medium-high heat until evenly brown. Reserve drippings and crumble bacon. Combine drippings and crumbled bacon with the beef mixture.
step 3: Add mushrooms, tomato sauce, tomato paste, garlic powder and oregano. Pour in wine while stirring. Stir in sugar, then salt and pepper. Cook until hot.