Momma OB's Chicken Chili Recipe
- 2 pounds skinless, boneless chicken breast meat - cubed
- ½ tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 2 (28 ounce) cans whole peeled tomatoes
- 1 (16 ounce) can chili beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (15 ounce) can kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (1.25 ounce) package chili seasoning mix
- 1 (4 ounce) can diced green chile peppers
- 1 onion, minced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ cup water
step 1: Heat oil in a skillet over medium heat, and add the chicken and half of the Italian seasoning. Cook, stirring frequently, until chicken is cooked through and evenly browned.
step 2: Place the remaining Italian seasoning, tomatoes, chili beans, kidney beans, chili seasoning, chile peppers, onion, garlic, and water in a slow cooker. Stir in chicken and juices
step 3: Cover, and cook on High for three hours.