Moroccan Potato Casserole Recipe
- 6 cloves garlic
- salt to taste
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- 3/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 3/4 cup chopped parsley
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1/2 pounds red potatoes, sliced 1/2 inch thick
- 1 large red bell pepper, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 yellow bell pepper, cut into 1 1/2 inch squares
- 1 large green bell pepper, cut into 1 1/2 inch pieces
- 4 stalks celery, cut into 2 inch pieces
- 1 pound tomatoes, each cut into 8 wedges
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
step 1: Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
step 2: Combine garlic, 1/2 teaspoon salt, paprika, cumin, and cayenne in a food processor bowl. Process until mixture forms a paste. Add herbs, and pulse a few times to blend. Add lemon juice, vinegar, and 2 to 3 tablespoons olive oil; blend. Season to taste with salt.
step 3: In a large bowl, combine potatoes, peppers, and celery. Season with salt, and toss with herb sauce. Transfer to a large shallow baking dish. Scatter tomatoes among the potato mixture. Drizzle 1 to 2 tablespoons oil over top, and cover with foil.
step 4: Bake for 35 minutes. Remove foil. Continue baking until vegetables are tender, 20 to 30 minutes. Serve warm.