Moroccan Stuffed Bell Peppers Recipe
- HERB-OX® Beef Flavored Bouillon Granules
- 2 large green, red or yellow bell peppers
- 3/4 pound ground lamb or ground beef
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomatoes, cut up
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/3 cup long grain rice
- 2 teaspoons HERB-OX® Beef Flavored Bouillon Granules
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- 1/4 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons sliced natural almonds
step 1: Halve peppers lengthwise, removing seeds and membranes. Immerse sweet peppers into boiling water (seasoned with bouillon) for 3 minutes. Remove peppers from water and sprinkle the insides with additional bouillon. Invert on paper towels to drain.
step 2: Meanwhile, in large skillet, cook lamb or beef and onion until meat is golden brown and onion is tender. Drain off fat. Stir in undrained tomatoes, water, uncooked rice, beef bouillon, Worcestershire sauce and basil. Bring mixture to boiling. Reduce heat and simmer, covered for 18-20 minutes or until rice is tender.
step 3: Stir in half of the cheese. Fill pepper halves with meat mixture. Place peppers in 2-quart baking dish along with any extra filling. Sprinkle with remaining cheese and almonds. Bake at 375 degrees F for 12-15 minutes or until heated through.