Moroccan Supper Recipe
- 1 (7.2 ounce) package RICE-A-RONI® Rice Pilaf
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons margarine or olive oil
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 (15 ounce) can garbanzo beans or chick peas, rinsed and drained
- 1 1/2 cups broccoli flowerets
- 1/4 cup dried apricots, slivered, or raisins
- 1/3 cup slivered or sliced almonds, toasted
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro (optional)
step 1: In large skillet over medium heat, saute rice-pasta mix, onion and garlic with margarine until pasta is light golden brown.
step 2: Slowly stir in 2 cups water, Special Seasonings, cumin and cinnamon; bring to a boil. Cover; reduce heat to low. Simmer 10 minutes.
step 3: Stir in beans, broccoli and apricots. Cover; simmer 10 to 12 minutes or until rice is tender. Serve topped with almonds and cilantro, if desired.