Mulled Apple Champagne Punch Recipe
- 3 tablespoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tablespoon grated orange zest
- 1 (12 fluid ounce) can frozen apple juice concentrate, thawed
- 3 quarts Chablis wine
- 1 (750 milliliter) bottle dry champagne, chilled
- 1 (8 ounce) can pineapple chunks
- 1 orange, sliced into rounds
- 1 (4 ounce) jar maraschino cherries, drained
step 1: In a saucepan, combine pumpkin pie spice and orange zest to apple juice concentrate. Bring to a boil and simmer 10 minutes. Remove from heat. In a large pitcher, combine spiced apple juice concentrate and white wine. Chill in refrigerator overnight.
step 2: Strain the wine mixture through a coffee filter, being careful not to disturb the spices which have settled to the bottom of the pitcher.
step 3: Just before serving, slide in the ice ring. Slowly pour the champagne down the side of the bowl to retain as much carbonization as possible.
step 4: To make Ice Ring: In a ring shaped mold, combine pineapple chunks, orange slices and maraschino cherries. Pour in just enough water to hold the fruit together in the ring. freeze overnight.