Mushroom-Stuffed Tenderloin Recipe
- 3 slices bacon
- 1 cup chopped fresh mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3/4 cup dry bread crumbs, divided
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1 (2 pound) beef tenderloin, trimmed
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine, melted
- 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
step 1: In a skillet, cook bacon until crisp. Remove bacon; crumble and set aside. Drain, reserving 1 tablespoon drippings.
step 2: In the drippings, saute the mushrooms, onion and garlic until tender. Remove from the heat; stir in 1/2 cup of bread crumbs, parsley and bacon.
step 3: Cut a slit lengthwise three-quarters of the way through the tenderloin. Lightly place stuffing in the pocket; close with toothpicks. Combine butter and Parmesan cheese; spread over top and sides of meat. Press the remaining bread crumbs onto butter mixture. Place meat on a rack in a shallow roasting pan.
step 4: Bake, uncovered, at 350 degrees for 15 minutes. Cover and bake for 1 hour or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a meat thermometer should read 145 degrees; medium, 160 degrees; well-done, 170 degrees). Let stand for 10 minutes. Remove toothpicks before slicing.