Mushroom Lentil Barley Stew Recipe
- 2 quarts vegetable broth
- 2 cups sliced fresh button mushrooms
- 1 ounce dried shiitake mushrooms, torn into pieces
- 3/4 cup uncooked pearl barley
- 3/4 cup dry lentils
- 1/4 cup dried onion flakes
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons dried summer savory
- 3 bay leaves
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 2 teaspoons ground black pepper
- salt to taste
step 1: In a slow cooker, mix the broth, button mushrooms, shiitake mushrooms, barley, lentils, onion flakes, garlic, savory, bay leaves, basil, pepper, and salt.
step 2: Cover, and cook 4 to 6 hours on High or 10 to 12 hours on Low. Remove bay leaves before serving.