Mushroom Stuffing Recipe
- 1 pound fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup diced onion
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 12 cups dried bread crumbs
- 1 1/2 cups hot chicken broth
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 cups diced apple without peel
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
step 1: Butter one 9x13 inch casserole dish. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
step 2: Rinse, pat dry and quarter mushrooms. In large skillet heat butter and add mushrooms, onion and celery; saute 5 minutes and remove from heat. Stir in poultry seasoning, salt and pepper.
step 3: In large mixing bowl, combine bread crumbs with broth and eggs, add mushroom mixture, apples and parsley; mix well. Turn into casserole dish.
step 4: Cover and bake at 375 degrees F (190 degrees C) for about 45 minutes. Remove cover and bake 15 minutes longer to brown top.