My Grandma's Anise Potato Salad Recipe
- 6 medium baking potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 bunch green onions, chopped
- 1 cup mayonnaise, or to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon anise seed
- salt and pepper to taste
- 4 hard-cooked eggs sliced, for garnish
- 1 dash ground paprika (optional)
step 1: Place potatoes in a saucepan with enough water to cover. Bring to a boil over medium heat, and cook until tender, about 8 to 10 minutes. Remove from heat, drain, and run under cold water to cool. Drain well.
step 2: In a large bowl, mix together the potatoes, celery, onion, mayonnaise, and anise seed. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Refrigerate until cold. Garnish with sliced hard-cooked eggs, and dust with paprika, if desired.